Er.. hello.. I seem to have taken a backseat from blogging for a while. Of course you know that's due to our big move. These things take a lot of sorting out.
So the progress so far is:
- we've sorted out a rented bungalow to live in while our house in the West Midlands (hopefully) sells
- we've got our daughters into the local school (less than 1 minute's walk from our rented home!)
- we've finally finished the house improvements we wanted to do
- we've had some valuations on our house and will decide which estate agents to use tomorrow
- we're in the process of getting written quotes from 3 removals companies
- 2 of our friends have emigrated to New Zealand and we've bought their car from them, as I'll need to drive to work in Truro
- our original car is still poorly and lots of people have been involved so far trying to work out what the problem is and how to fix it (no result yet)
- we have chosen our solicitors based on a family recommendation and now have to contact them for our house sale
- we've decluttered ruthlessly, and now know our local charity shop staff pretty well...
Not bad going I think. Only 3 weeks left before the move now!
Knitting? Oh yes. I finished my socks (still no pic) and I'm on the last stretch of my Fortune cardigan (remember that)?