Saturday 24 January 2009

Kiwi!

Well I've done it - created a crocheted half kiwi fruit as a gift for a work colleague who's leaving!

There are two of us in our team at work who are always crocheting or knitting at lunchtime, so we thought it would be a good idea to create something as part of a leaving gift.

The guy who's leaving is from New Zealand and his nickname is Kiwi (original!) so I decided to crochet a half kiwi fruit - cuz it's easier that crocheting the kiwi bird..

I've added a little loop at the back and will attach it to a keyring once it arrives from ebay.

That way he gets a practical gift that always reminds him of us!

I guess I got a little carried away with the beaded kiwi theme..

This is a kiwi hairband I crocheted afterwards - I just have to add on the ties and it'll be in my
etsy shop.

Edited to add:
Yes I did create the patterns myself as I went along. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

4 comments:

MandellaUK said...

That's really cute (especially the seed beads), what a great present. Did you find a pattern or make it up as you went along?

Daisy said...

Love the kiwi beads!

Jules said...

Those are both so cool! I love them.

Iris said...

They look so cute, both of them!