Monday 3 May 2010

All Tooled Up


Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Day Eight - The Final Instalment!

 My favourite tools for yarny crafts have to be these:

Firstly my beautiful wooden swift bought as a birthday gift from my DH from Purlescence - he was under strict instruction!

This feels so wonderously smooth to use and is invaluable when working with skeined yarns - either winding from them to knit up or re-skeining yarns that I've dyed, ready for my Etsy shop.

It makes life so much easier when the penny finally drops about which way up to use it too.. ahem...

The other tool has to be my many sets of long Addi Turbo knitting needles in different sizes which I've invested in over several years. 

I love magic loop for circular knitting, and find long Addis the most lightweight and smooth needles to use.  Circular needles are great for straight knitting too - much more portable!

No comments: