Monday 28 June 2010

UK Etsy Challenge - Fairground


I stumbled across the UK Etsy Challenge group on Flickr a while back and decided to join in.

The current challenge is to create a Fairground-theme item, and the closing date is 4th July. The entries are rolling in and and there are some very inventive ideas - take a look!

My entry started life as a doodle...

It changed slightly as I crocheted it into life. I'm pleased with the result - loud and entertaining!

From the centre you can see the helter skelter, balloons, then the structure and seats of the big wheel.


I wanted a spiral for the helter skelter, and found just the "how to" article I needed in a back issue of Interweave Crochet that I used to subscribe to.

I've never entered a challenge before or created anything like this from a doodle before and really enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next theme is - maybe you'll take part too!

3 comments:

Jules said...

That might be the coolest thing I have ever seen done with crochet. :) I love it!!

AMIdesigns said...

Love all the colours you've used.

Erika Price said...

That's amazing, well done! I'm also impressed that you sketched it first - my ideas are all in my head!!!