Wednesday 24 November 2010

Handy!


I recently bought a couple of hand mannequins from ebay to display my fingerless mitts better.

They're great for photographing items for my Etsy shop and of course very useful for the craft fairs I do.

The next one is this Friday 26th November at Sainburys in Truro - please drop by and say hello if you're in the area!

Pictured here is a new fingerless mitt design in a gorgeous aubergine shade, which sold straightaway at the craft fair last weekend. Pity I hadn't had chance to make more - or photograph it once it was finished!

It is knitted in the same shape as my Fabulous Fingerless Mitts but with a moss stitch edging instead of reverse stocking stitch. I used Drops Nepal yarn which is a great wool/alpaca blend - soft and cosy.

I then played around with some Rowan Kidsilk Haze from my stash and knitted up a couple of simple short-row garter stitch rosees which I sewed on the back of each hand.

The roses were finished off with 7 tiny plum glass seed beads sewn in the centre.

You'll have to take my word that made up they are beautiful. There will be more of these in future!

5 comments:

Frangipan said...

These look very handy!

Immodesty Blaze said...

That's a good idea! You could also scare the hell out of people by sneaking up behind them and tapping the hand on their shoulder.

Fiona said...

I love the mitts, and the kidsilk haze detailing must have been exquisite. Your etsy shop is going from strength to strength.

Unknown said...

wow i love these! i really need some x

Missy
Enter my Christmas giveaway!
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

imperfectly natural mama said...

Lovely mit and roses, hope you make los of sales.