Sunday 12 February 2012

Short-rowing on the Bond

My eldest has been asking me to knit a poncho/cape since Christmas as she couldn't find one in the shops that she liked.

She wants a round rather than rectangular design, in brown.

After much yarn browsing we came up with the one she wanted - from my stash, woohoo! It's Sirdar Richmond Chunky - years old, but still a great yarn. I knew it would come in useful one day.. ;)

I designed a pattern using my Knitware software, which was based around short-row shaping. I've done this in hand-knitting but never on the knitting machine before.

So I got some hints from You Tube videos and made a start yesterday. I should have known - it's easy!

I finished it off today, and now just need to handknit the neck, fronts, & hem edging. Shouldn't take long!

1 comment:

Baban Cat said...

I haven't used my Bond in years. Please keep us up to date. I'd love to know how it turns out. Good luck!