Sunday 18 March 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day here in the UK today, so I was treated to bacon sandwiches and a cup of tea in bed this morning. :-)

Here are my gifts - the latest books from my favourite authors - and beautiful handmade cards from our DDs.

Both DDs then wanted to paint their faces; here's my eldest with her finished look - youngest DD is still working on her third version in the background!


I'm wearing my "Fortune" cardigan which I finished recently. It's knitted in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino which is beautifully warm and soft, and I love the design - a Kim Hargreaves pattern of course, from Rowan magazine number 20.

The nasty cold is nearly gone although my ears are still muffled wich makes driving seem weird. Better be chauffered today I guess. ;-)

2 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Cardi looks very nice...glad your feeling better. Good to read your so far enjoying Cornwall...my neighbours moved to Truro last year and they haven't looked back...they love it.

blog-blethers said...

Happy Mother's Day ... and indeed it looks as though you all had a lovely time. What great presents and beautiful card - and your cardi looks fab on!