Friday 9 November 2007

Knitting extremes

I recently gave in to temptation and bought this skein of hand-dyed cashmere 4ply yarn in shade "Heather" from The Knitting Goddess.

It's an extreme opposite of my recent knitting projects, which have been some quick chunky collars and scarves on 10mm needles. This feels like I'm knitting with sewing thread in comparison, despite using 3.5mm needles!


I've chosen the simple
Feather and Fan pattern as I wanted a simple lace project that would be reversible.

I am starting to love the way the colours are traversing as I work up the scarf, and the yarn is creamy soft although it feels more like laceweight to me than 4ply!

I haven't yet decided whether this will be a Christmas gift for somebody else - or maybe for myself as a special treat. :-)

2 comments:

Jules said...

That scarf is gorgeous - love those colors! I've been dreaming of laceweight myself lately, but I'm not starting anything like that till I finish the Christmas gifts. Honest! :)

Maggie said...

The yarn looks so beautiful! Someday I'll knit cashmere, too, it must be a great feeling!