Thursday 19 June 2008

WWKIP - Truro

What a wonderful day!

We met in the Piazza in
Lemon Quay in the centre of Truro, and had a wonderful backdrop of flags and masts as we sat alongside the Cornwall Boat Show.

There was a good sized group of knitters, with people coming and going throughout the day. I met loads of knitters from
Ravelry - hi all of you!

I also met a knitter local to Perranporth (our nearest place) and we're hoping to meet up and maybe even get a group going - finally!

Julia from Knit Wits at Penzance with the record-breaking needles turned up - complete with needles, yarn, and Guinnes Book of Records certificate. A truly amazing sight.

The weather held up for us, with only one shower during the whole day. We took refuge under the huge umbrellas covering the Hall for Cornwall's outside coffee area - well it was time for a delicious chunk of carrot cake and a latte anyway. ;-)

The lady from The Natural Fibre Company in Launceston was also there with a sack of their fabulous yarn. She very kindly gave everyone the opportunity to select a free 50g ball of the yarn as a taster. A very good way to get some new customers! I chose the "Pure 50/50 Alpaca & Shetland Wool" which is beautifully soft. I have no idea what I'll be making with it yet though.

The event was thoroughly enjoyed by all - hopefully we'll meet up again soon.

3 comments:

WendyKnits said...

You have me aching with nostalgia -- I spent a perfect week in Cornwall a number of years ago and would love to return!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day and I'm glad the weather held up for you. I'm ashamed to say I didn't get a chance to take part so thank you for the photos. Maybe next year!
Thanks for the comment. I used to be happy to just knit but now I can never seem to make up my mind. Maybe, as you say, it's good thing to take some time.

TutleyMutley said...

Didn't you do well?! What a fantastic KIP day... I would have so loved to be there.