Sunday 10 May 2009

Perfect Pink Poncho


The visit from my family last week resulted in an impromptu knitting project - a cute little poncho for my gorgeous niece, who is now 1 year old.

My eldest put her poncho on the little one and she looked so adorable that I agreed to make one for her.

I've used all stash yarns (phew, another small bite out of the huge mountain of yarns!) - Wendy Supreme DK cotton and Patons Sorbet knitted together, and Wendy Shimmer for the edging.

It's a really simple garter stitch poncho with a crocheted edging and applique.

I have to package it up to send it by post to her as we won't see them again until the autumn, when there will be another little one added to the brood! Hopefully I'll get sent a pic of her wearing it in return.

2 comments:

Thrissle said...

she's adorable... and so is the poncho (never thought that you would ever make a poncho.....!)

Colette said...

I love the poncho! Tempted to make a grown up one for me!!