Sunday 12 June 2011

WWKIP Truro 2011

Yesterday was this year's World Wide Knit In Public Day and I went along to the Truro meet-up - which was fab!

I got to see some knitty friends and spend 4 hours chatting, knitting (and tinking!), enthusing, laughing, and generally having a good time.

We had a small swap bag of goodies for anyone and everyone to add to or take from - which was narrowly missed by a seagull poo incident! I donated some yarn and knitting mags and ended up with a large ball of the white pompom scarf yarn.

One of my favourite creations was Anna's gorgeous crocheted hat, made by her very talented sister.

Also Carol brought along her gorgeous wedding wrap she is knitting for her daughter from Kidsilk Haze, but I was so preoccupied with feeling how soft it was that I completely forgot to photograph it!

We were yarn-bombed by Cornwall's Graffiti Grannies, and many shoppers stopped to marvel at the fantastic knitted bike park covers - such amazing shapes showed off the knitting beautifully.
 



I also loved the pretty crochet flower garland and knitted butterflies in the palm tree!

 
A few people were brave enough to have a go with the extreme knitting needles - I really must try them one of these days!

I also met up, quite by chance, with lovely fellow Etsian Vanessa from Magpie & Butterfly, who hand-makes the most beautiful beads, stitch markers, and buttons.

Of course I ended up buying some of the irresistable buttons, which you will no doubt see on some of my handknits in my Etsy shop soon.

Can't wait for the next meet-up!

3 comments:

Erika Price said...

What a fun idea, and it sounds like you had a great time! Oh, and I just LOVE the idea of Graffiti Grannies, LOL!!! Erika Price Jewelry

Jules said...

That does it, I'm going to Truro for next year's WWKIPD! There was absolutely nothing in my area, except me knitting a few rows of my shawl at the library while the kids checked out books. :) It sounds like y'all had a blast!

sasha said...

i love your colour full design and specially the hat