Thursday 18 May 2006

Flash the New Stash!

Yes, that's right, the yarn diet was suspended today. After 2 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day I finally succumbed to temptation whilst at the knitting group at my LYS "La Tienda" this morning.

Wanna see what I bought? Oh go on then, take a look..

Not a hugely impressive photo, but a lovely yarn. It's Jaeger Matchmaker in a variegated colourway. I've never seen this before, and apparently it wasn't produced for very long.

I spotted it last week, hiding on a low shelf and this morning I arrived there early enough to be able to get to it! There were just 5 balls, so I grabbed them and will probably make something for one of my daughters with it.



Wendy Melody - in a lovely fresh variegated blue colourway to make a change from the pinks and lilacs of late.

There is a bolero knitted in this yarn in the LYS and it looks lovely - another one that I spied last week and grabbed today.


I bought 8 balls to make something along the lines of the Peachy Bolero but with longer sleeves and maybe a tie front.

And finally - a few balls of bright acrylic Patons Fab yarn to crochet another poncho for youngest DD. This will replace the the last Rainbow poncho which was cruelly stolen whilst we were 10-pin bowling a few weeks back.

There were other yarns calling me too - but they'll have to wait at the LYS for a while longer yet.


BTW - many thanks for the lovely new name for my Summer Silk sweater. You'll see from the sidebar that "Phoenix" has now gone through the official name change procedures. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for new yarn! (Can you tell I'm on a yarn diet too? Ha!) Honestly, who steals a little girl's poncho? Looks like the new one will be adorable too though - I love that yellow!

Steph said...

Where can we find the pattern for the peachy bolero? It might be just what I've been looking for.

sheep#100 said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty.
Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Yarn!
SOCK YARN!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, you've been getting yourself such lovely yarn, no wonder you had to suspend your yarn diet for it - and I guess no one can blame you for that! I especially love the Wendy Melody one, it looks so soft and fluffy! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with all that yarn! Have fun knitting!