Friday 7 September 2007

FO reveal

So here we are, the FO is revealed as being.. the blue chevron top, started way back in April.

It's come out better than I thought - I used an extremely minimal pattern from Rebecca magazine (issue no 27 in case you're wondering) and substituted the yarn with the cheapy cotton/viscose blend
I bought from Lidl in March.

The viscose blend has given it a wonderful drape; I would definitely use that yarn blend again although not necessarily such a cheap one - it had plenty of knots in each ball. You get what you pay for.

I've started playing around with the leftover pale blue yarn and the lovely "Trinity Stitch" from my crochet stitch dictionary. We'll see what this transforms into as it grows..



I enhanced my stash too! I recently bought the spring issue of Interweave Crochet, and love it so much that I've subscribed via The Woolly Workshop.

Of course while I was ordering from them I thought I'd better try out some of their sale yarns too.

The drop spindle finally arrived from
P&M Woolcraft after an unfortunate delay with minimal communication resulted in a wait of 6 weeks, although I've read from other customers that this isn't normal.

Now I can start to play with the
llama fibre I bought from Llama Lland!

I'll finish off with a couple of sky-gazing shots I wanted to share:

The hot air balloon that flew over our house a couple of days ago (look at that sky!)..
..and a gorgeous moon pic that DH managed to get last week. Stunning!

2 comments:

Jules said...

The sweater looks great! And I have to say I'm totally jealous of that green/brown yarn you bought - love those colors! :)

Anonymous said...

How odd - I was just about to drop you an email and ask if the spinning adventures had commenced! I'm glad it has finally arrived - and no, that kind of delay definitely isn't normal! I guess summer holidays can throw everyone for a loop on occasion.. Have fun with it!