Wednesday 17 March 2010

Bahama Blue


I've been feeling the need to crochet some more jewellery recently. Finally I got some time with enough daylight to pick out the beads and yarn that I wanted to use.

This necklace is crocheted with some gorgeous hand-dyed crochet cotton that I bought from fellow Etsy seller Snappish - her shop is Brea-Aly Threads

The colour graduations from blues to purples are really lovely, and the cotton is fine enough to make a delicate but strong item.

I added several lots of beads in co-ordinating colours and I love the finished look. 

You'll have to take a look at the listing to see the two fabulous big beads by the fastener close-up!

1 comment:

Thrissle said...

I love the combination of colour and texture in this piece.. you're definitely influenced by the sea in your designs now :)