It was very tatty but useable, so I just cut a piece of fabric and glued it to the top of the cushion to make do. That's what you see here.
When the glue finally gave up last week, we decided it was time to mend it properly!
DD chose some lovely bright cotton fabric from my stash and I bought matching purple bias binding from my local fabric shop for 25p.
The lovely lady there very kindly gave me an offcut of thick interlining to cover up the worst of the torn cushion underneath, and give it a plusher feel.
I've worked on this every time I had a few minutes spare this week, and today dusted off (literally!) my trusty sewing machine for the final part.
Tada! Here it is - beautiful.
Youngest DD loves it and now eldest DD wishes she still needed to use one!