Friday 20 January 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Ok, so it's out of sequence, but first up we have the Bad:

This morning I had to go to the dentist to have a filling re-done.

Part of a tooth had chipped off a while back on the side of a large filling, and it had to be all taken out and re-done as apparently there was some decay underneath the remaining filling. Maybe I should have had it seen to as soon as it happened, but that's life!

The result was as you see in the pic - my cup of coffee with a straw to drink it from. Not my usual drinking method, but it worked until the feeling came back to my face. ;-)

Now the Good:

To balance that, this morning I received this exciting package.

Wanna see what was inside?

OK!


Wait for it...



It was this gorgeous variegated hand dyed merino sock wool, which I bought from this ebay seller. Isn't it just fab?!

I won the auction on Monday, paid on Tuesday, and received the yarn from the USA today (Friday). That's what I call great service!

I'm hoping to make the
Broad Street Mittens from Knitty with it.

As for the Ugly - that has to be the smell from DH's oven chips cooking under the grill this lunchtime. They smelled of a cow farm - which is not what I would expect from any kind of chips - ugh! Needless to say I didn't pinch one.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I once had to have a filling immediately before a disseration meeting with my supervisor - during which I spoke lopsidedly and dribbled! It was SO embarrassing!
Lovely lovely yarn too. *must not go and look on ebay, remember yarn diet*

Sharon J said...

Funnily enough, I emailed the same ebay seller earlier today to ask whether she'd ship to the UK and how much it'd cost. Her response was positive so I shall be ordering some, too. ~Sharon