Saturday 21 January 2006

Side tracked - again

How could I receive such gorgeous yarn yesterday without trying it out? Well I couldn't, and I started on the Broadstreet Mittens last night. Here's the progress so far.

The Knit Chat group is going to have a 4-needle knitting session soon, so in the meantime I decided to go for the
Magic Loop technique again using a long circular needle. It's working well so far.



Here's a close-up of those lovely colours.

I'm really pleased with the way they're turning out - i.e. not striping. I love the way the colours are blending together without getting lost.

I may well have to buy
more of this yarn in a different colourway. It's so lovely and soft, and very even. It's even tempting me into wanting to try a pair of Jaywalker socks - especially after seeing the ones that Tracy knitted - although I said I'd never knit socks!

I walked up to the Knit Chat today, only to find that nobody else turned up - Fi where were you; I took the knitting mag with me that we spoke about last week for you?

Anyway on my walk back home I called in to my local newsagent to see if they'd got my copy of the latest
VK yet.

They hadn't but they had this copy of the new KnitSimple mag for me - and I hadn't even ordered it! I didn't mind, as I wanted to take a peek anyway.

It's a nice mag, very VK-like, and the patterns are pretty good although nothing grabbed me by the throat and yelled "Knit Me!".

Good job really, with the list of projects-in-waiting I already have.. ;-)

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

I can't wait to get my order in now that I've seen how beautifully the yarn knits up. A pair of snuggly socks are definitely waiting :) ~Sharon

scarletprincess said...

Hi steph, sooo sorry couldn't go last week I took kiddies to the farm and had such a wonderful time!

May be along this afternoon if i can make it.

x

Emily said...

That yarn is a fantastic colour!