Saturday 29 January 2011

Dizzy Mitts

I love coming up with new designs and making them into saleable patterns. I've promised myself that I would do it many times of the last few years, but rarely got round to doing it.

I am getting better at it though. Now when I tinker about with a new project, I make the odd scribble in my knitting notepad. 

If I like the finished item, I fill it out, print it, and then try making it again from my pattern. 

Usually after a couple of revisions we have a couple of finished items and a new pattern too - bonus!

Earlier this week I listed a new pair of Dizzy Twist fingerless mitts in my Etsy shop. I have knitted them using the fabulous Debbie Bliss Fez yarn - a wonderfully cosy and soft merino/camel blend yarn.

I have sensitive skin, prone to eczema, but this yarn gives me no problems at all - in fact it feels wonderful!

Now the Dizzy Mitts pattern pdf is available to buy in my shop too, so you can have the joy of knitting your own.

Alternative yarns you could use are Sirdar Click Aran, Cascade 220 Superwash, etc - any aran/worsted weight yarn with a minimum of 100 metres length.

I'd love to hear of any other good yarn alternatives - and see any pics of your finished Dizzy Mitts!

No comments: