Tuesday 4 January 2011

You can tell it was Christmas..

.. because I actually knitted a project for myself!

Finished but unblocked
Quite a while back I bought a skein of heavenly Violet Green Silk & Cashmere 4ply yarn in the gorgeous Trance colourway.

I decided to knit myself a Good Luck Cowl with it.

The pattern is very easy and doesn't take long to knit up.

Yarn sadly now discontinued
The yarn feels gorgeous but the colour did bleed all over my fingers each time I knitted with it.

I guess I'll be washing this a few times before I wear it!

Update:
I gave the cowl a real good wash and soak until the water rinsed clear and have worn it for 2 days now. It's gorgeously warm and soft - and my neck hasn't turned purple... Fabulous!

4 comments:

Nuvofelt said...

What a shame it shed so much colour. Maybe a rinse in vinegar would be a good idea after your first wash? It does look good, though.

Happy New Year

Erika Price said...

Great cowl, shame about the colour running :)

Jules said...

Beautiful! I love that color, and hope it will stop running and stay put soon. :)

Cash for gold said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.