So you want to know the details eh? Ok, here we go for more insider info..
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I don't really mind - I tend to use yarns with a higher acrylic content for my kids as they get washed a lot! I guess I'm becoming more of a yarn snob when it comes to my own garments though - I love Rowan, Colinette, etc.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spin - no. Crochet - yes.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm allergic to nickel and can't wear anything with mohair content.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Over 30 years on and off!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla or white musk (from the Body Shop)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Absolutely - I adore chocolate but don't really go for "candy".
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I used to do patchwork but now I'm just obsessed with knitting and crochet.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Music? Oooh, Pink, Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac, Stereophonics, Reef, Nirvana, All Saints, Gwyn Stefani,... I don't know if I can play MP3s or not!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Definately pink. I love rich plums/aubergines on the more burgundy end of the scale rather than going into bright purples. Variegated yarns. Muted colours - moss greens, soft blues, beiges, etc. No yellows for me - although bright rainbow colours are great for my kids.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Hubby & 2 young daughters. No pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To stay happily married to my hubby for ever and raise our girls to be happy and healthy. :-) To live somewhere less hectic.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Variegated yarns. Smooth yarns which give good stitch definition. Cotton mixes. Very soft merinos. Anything larger than UK 3-ply weight.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything brushed or with mohair content, or that sheds or pills badly. Scratchy yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Erm, quick practical items like scarves but nothing with dps.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves or kids' clothes cuz they're quick!
17. What are you knitting right now?
You want all of them? Ok, a feather & fan scarf, a cardi for my youngest, a chenille jacket, and a Clapotis.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I love them on my daughters but not on me.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I guess straight, but I do use a few Addi Turbo circulars too.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for smooth yarns, aluminium for grabby yarns like chenille.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mum taught me many years ago.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably about 7 years - oops!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Nothing in particular.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Hot and sunny by the beach in a hotel with my family somewhere like Spain/Balearic islands.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, beaded stitch markers, beads (not tiny ones).
There, that should do it!