Wednesday 13 April 2005

Don't ignore a cough

I've had a chesty cough for a couple of weeks but didn't think much of it. That was until Monday evening this week, when I had what I can only describe as "stitch" spreading up through my back and across my chest and shoulders. And there it stayed. I had pains when breathing in, and felt very tight-chested and anxious.

It didn't feel quite so bad yesterday after some painkillers, but decided to see the doctor anyway; it just didn't feel right. Good job too - I've been diagnosed with pleurisy! I'm now on a week's course of antibiotics and ordered to rest - as much as anyone with 2 young children can anyway.

So the moral of the story is: don't ignore a cough! I'm just glad I haven't broken an arm or something; after all knitting is very therapeutic. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're better soon! Those antibiotics should be kicking in now!

Take care
Dawn