Saturday 3 June 2006

Must. Keep. Going.

Fortune
Here it is - the right front of Fortune, recovering from a good pressing on my lovely lilac flowered ironing board.

The second sleeve is just under half done, and I've reached THAT point. You know the one. The one which keeps prodding you on the shoulder and whispering in your ear that you've had enough of this project now and it really wouldn't matter if you went onto something else.

QUIET! I will finish this project soon. I have to admit that I have dabbled with a couple of other projects in the meantime, but you'll have to wait to hear about those.

Style
Did you notice that I've changed the font of my posts slightly as from the last one? Is it any easier on the eyes? I hope so - I've had enough of the small stuff for a while.

More goodies
When writing about our day out at the park in my last post, I omitted to tell you of my other lovely surprise. It arrived as I was piling the girls and all our required bits and pieces in the car before setting off, and I was amazed. It was a package that I'd ordered from
Amazon on Wednesday and it arrived a mere 2 days later even though it was the free postage which is supposed to take longer - fab!

Wrapped in that cardboard envelope were these two lovelies:
My first ever Gordon Ramsey cookbook.

Although we do sit down together as a family to eat almost every day of the week, I was inspired to buy this from his articles in
The Times Online which I read & drool over often (usually whilst at work!).

I find myself trying out his recipes as they seem "do-able". Do you know what I mean? I can't get to grips with recipes that use ingredients that I've never heard of let alone don't know where to buy, and he doesn't generally do this. I don't think so anyway.
I seem to be getting more and more into cooking - is this a sign of getting older?

Anyway the other book in my rapidly-delivered parcel was probably of more interest to you all:
Yes, a yarn dyeing book!

I've only had chance to have a quick glance through this, but it looks very interesting.

The girls go back to school next week, so hopefully I'll get chance to try out some of the techniques shown in here. Maybe I'll even show you the results.

Must go - I have another
knitting podcast waiting for me.

3 comments:

Spinningsue said...

I've just bought that dyeing book too! I haven't had more than a flick through it yet but I agree it looks interesting.

Daisy said...

Getting more into cooking is definitely a sign of getting older! ;-) Ever since I turned 25 a couple of years ago I've been doing more and more cooking! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Funny - I'm 34, and find I don't enjoy cooking as much as I used to. I don't hate it, or anything - in fact, I love to read cookbooks and cooking magazines - but that's just it, I'd rather read about it than actually do it. Maybe because it cuts into my knitting time. :)

Hurray for Fortune! Can't wait to see it finished up!