Thursday 11 August 2005

FO as promised

The Presto Top is done!
This is me modelling her just before midnight last night, immediately after sewing in the last end. She fits really well and feels lovely on the skin.
I had to resist the temptation to wear her today as I want her first outing to be to the Knit Chat club on Saturday.

I had a lovely day today visiting our local park with my girls. This is the view through the railings of the bridge over the connecting part between the 2 lakes. I walked and my girls rode their bikes. My eldest has just mastered the art of riding without stabilisers, so a 3 mile ride was good practise, and great exercise for me.
The park is exactly 1 mile in perimeter, and we walked/rode there and back too. We called in at the new tea rooms at the park, where the girls had ice creams and squash, and I gave in to a lovely fresh cream and strawberry scone with a cappuccino. Just the job to revive us for the walk home!

I wanted to show you the fabulous flower beds at the park which are in full bloom at the moment. Absolutely gorgeous. This is just one small section of them. I must try fiddling around with the photo settings on my mobile phone to see if I can get some better pics.

My eldest is having her first ever sleepover at her friend's tonight; they were so excited! We're all meeting up in the morning for another trip to the park, so fingers crossed for more sunshine!

I had a bit of bad news from Marchmoon this afternoon. My order for the Filatura di Crosa Brilla yarn can't be fulfilled; apparently FdC had promised stocks which never appeared and the Marchmoon staff had forgotten to take it off the website. Oh well, c'est la vie. I'd better press on with more stashbustin' instead!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Presto is beautiful and suits you very well. Well done! The pictures of the park are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

The top looks great,I love the colour. The park pictures take me back to my childhood. I spent many happy hours 'feeding the ducks' there, but I'm sure that the flowers are much more beautiful now.

scarletprincess said...

I shall look forward to seeing your top in the flesh on saturday! It looks beautiful, well done!
x

Daisy said...

Presto looks wonderful!

Annie said...

Presto looks much nicer on you than it did in the magazine picture. I wouldn't have wanted to knit it, but now I do!

Anonymous said...

Your Presto top looks fab !
Great fit and colour on you.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully made as always. There will be no stopping her now the stabilisers are off.....you won't be allowed a moments peace you know.

Anonymous said...

Presto looks good! Just in time for the end of summer too.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your newly finished sweater...looks great! And the park looks just beautiful. Lucky you!