Tuesday 9 August 2005

Tuesday Fix

Well lookey here! The blob of randomness has blossomed into a pretty little moebius scarf. Just the ends to sew in. I used 1 ball of Linen Print and 2 balls of Cotton Tape, so it turns out that this project is a great way of using up odd balls of yarn. Now that's useful to know. I have a feeling I'll be making more of these.

I got my (almost) mid-week fix of our Knit Chat club this lunchtime, so I'm happy. Today was amazing as there were 7 of us altogether, instead of the usual 3 or 4! An hour of knitting mid-way through a day at work is a lovely break. It's also more than I've managed in the last 2 days; last Saturday I managed 4 hours of knitting (club meet plus a late night) but since then I've only just squeezed in 4 rows per day, at bedtime. I'm just 6 rows off finishing the second sleeve for the
Presto Top, so I'm determined to get that done tonight (even though I need to help DH with his VAT return - bleugh).

That puts me in an unexpected situation; I then have 3 projects awaiting work with the darning needles, and only the replacement Sirdar Fizz scarf to knit. Hmm, that wasn't very good timing was it?! I guess I'd better get those Chibis out..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some weeks are like that: it's hard going managing only a few rows at a time (especially during school holidays!) But as long as it's going up, it's fine. Looking forward to seeing more of Presto.

Anonymous said...

Hope you finished it! Your moebius looks great - love the colours. Looks like it's time to start something new...

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Greens and pinks always look so good together, you made a lovely scarf there.

Heather Cox said...

Love the fizzy scarf and the Moebius too. You've got a good eye for colors.

Heather Cox said...

Love the fizzy scarf and the Moebius too. You've got a good eye for colors.s.