Wednesday 16 February 2005

No Go Zone


The ill-fated Military Jacket

After all my talk of the Military Jacket, I decided that it did have to be ripped after all. I just haven't had the heart to do it yet. I had changed from bamboo to metal needles part way through, and it showed in a big way. I wasn't happy, so it has to go. It's one of those things that will happen when I get a round tuit.. whatever that is..


Oops! It's felted!

This was a sweater of mine that I finished a couple of years ago and wore and washed a few times. Then suddenley, without warning, it decided to felt the last time it was washed. With drastic results:


No, it really doesn't fit me now!

After much puzzlement, I decided this has to become a bag. So now it's waiting for me to get the sewing machine and scissors out. I've never felted anything before, nor have I ever cut any of my knitting, felted or not, so it should be interesting!

Finally in the No Go Zone, there's this gorgeous crocheted cardigan, waiting longing for its borders:


Crochet cardigan awaiting borders

I really do want to get this finished soon, so that I can wear it this summer. It has great potential! I have the yarn for the borders as you can see, but I'm not sure what kind to do. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just frogged my military jacket too. I cast on used the Chunky chenille) knitted the back and decided I'd cast on too tightly, tried to convince myself it would be ok...not a hope! Maybe one day. That's a pretty colour cardy by the way, very Spring.