Thursday 24 February 2005

Recipe for success

Sigh. Did I say I was off to get my shaping right on Lucy? Well about 8 knit-tink cycles later I'm still nowhere near. I passed it on to my trusty local Rowan dealer (the knowledgeable and very helpful Rose) and she couldn't sort it out either - much to the surprise of both of us! She has now passed it on to Rowan themselves, and hopefully they should be getting back to us soon with the correct method. In the meantime..
I felt like I needed a quick fix FO last night. So here's what happened!

Take a couple of these:

Jaeger Alpaca yarn from stash

Mix well with this
http://www.fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/spiral.shtml for 90 minutes, and you end up with this:


A crocheted spiral scarf!

And a close-up to see some detail:


Fluffy alpaca

Well I guess that's one Mother's Day present completed! Just another two to go - I have a mum, a step-mum, and a mum-in-law..

No comments: