Wednesday 15 March 2006

Oops – I bought some stuff!

I know this is not in the Lent-along spirit but I’m still not smoking and I’m sticking to that excuse.

A few days ago I received my first order from
Laughing Hens – two Addi Turbo circular needles in small sizes for… yes, socks. One circular was delayed and I have to say that the communication from the staff was prompt, friendly, and helpful. Their prices were excellent and I reckon I’ll be using them again.

The other package that arrived came all the way over from the USA – from Little Knits actually. I heard about this online yarn store from UKHandKnitters and promptly leapt over there and ended up ordering this little lot.

Isn’t it yummy! There are 3 balls of cotton mix
Regia Surf and 1 hank of the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck – apparently this is the same yarn as is used for Koigu loveliness.

Once again, the service was excellent as were the prices, so I can thoroughly recommend
Little Knits to you all. The online system resulted in a higher shipping price than required so the shop owner refunded the required PayPal amount. Apparently if you pay by credit card Sue sends you an invoice showing the correct amount first. I will definitely be ordering from them again.

And my final confession of the day – yes I started the Jaywalkers. How could I resist? In my defence I can say that I have now mastered the art of 5dpn knitting (finally) – hooray!

OK so now I’ll go back to my vintage UFOs - at least for a little while each evening anyway…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for the love of sock yarn! That's so funny, I started my first Jaywalkers last week too. My FOs are done just not posted yet. I'm a bit behind. I think for socks there's always time, right. Love your yarn.

sheep#100 said...

Like the pinks in your Jaywalker!