Sunday 29 May 2005

Secret Pal 5 questionnaire

Here we are:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I tend to use yarns with a higher acrylic content for my kids as they get washed a lot! I guess I'm becoming more of a yarn snob when it comes to my own garments though - I love Rowan, Colinette, etc, mainly cotton/viscose mixes.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spin - no. Crochet - yes.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm allergic to nickel.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Over 30 years on and off!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes - the link's on my blog.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, lemon, or white musk.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Absolutely - I adore chocolate but don't really go for "candy".

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I used to do patchwork but now I'm just obsessed with knitting and crochet.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Music? Oooh, Pink, Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac, Stereophonics, Reef, Nirvana, All Saints, Gwyn Stefani,... I don't know if I can play MP3s or not!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Definately pink. I love rich plums/aubergines on the more burgundy end of the scale rather than going into bright purples. Variegated yarns. Muted colours - moss greens, soft blues, beiges, etc. No yellows/oranges for me - although bright rainbow colours are great for my kids.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Hubby & 2 young daughters. No pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To stay happily married to my hubby for ever and raise our girls to be happy and healthy. :-) To live somewhere less hectic.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Variegated yarns. Smooth yarns which give good stitch definition. Cotton mixes. Very soft merinos. Anything larger than UK 3-ply weight.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Brushed acrylic - yeuch! Anything that sheds or pills badly. Scratchy yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I guess textured patterns or variegated yarns, but nothing with dps.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves or kids' clothes cuz they're quick!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Ooh, lots - a crochet baby blanket, crochet cardigan, lace scarf, ribbed cardigan lace edging.. enough!

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I love them on my daughters but not on me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I guess straight, but I do use a few Addi Turbo circulars too.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for smooth yarns, aluminium for grabby yarns like chenille.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Definately not!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mum taught me many years ago.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A crochet ripple tunic which I started probably about 5 years ago - oops!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Nothing in particular.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Hot and sunny by the beach in a hotel with my family somewhere like Spain/Balearic islands.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, beaded stitch markers, beads (not tiny ones).

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Sandra.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yes!
"Yarns to Dye For: Creating Self Patterning Yarns for Knitting" by Kathleen Taylor
"Loop-d-Loop: more than 40 Novel Knitting Projects" by Teva Durham
plus many others - they're all on my Amazon Wishlist


There ya go!

No comments: