Tuesday 7 June 2005

The stash has landed!

Yes, my order from Wollywood in Germany is here in double-quick time! I'm impressed. I ordered the yarn last Wednesday evening, received email confirmation the next day, and less than 1 week later it's here:

Lana Grossa "Presto" in shade 06

I guess I'll be making that top soon! Also included was a freebie - a Filati pattern book in English; excellent:

A freebie!

I'll definately be using that company again. :-)

Also today I asked the trusty Rose her opinion, and ended up buying this gorgeous shade of Rowan Kidsilk Haze to do the beaded edging on my mohair wrap:

Yes, I will do my first beaded edging!

Bonus - there will be plenty of yarn left to make a gorgeous featherlight scarf. I'm a happy bunny today. :-)

My girls are happy too - my received their Snazaroo facepaint set I ordered from ebay last week and the girls decided to use it immediately:

Note the bigger toothy gap!


Her own design ;-)

Smiles all round. The house is full of a luscious vanilla scent too; I treated myself to a sale pack of vanilla bodywash and eau de toilette from
The Body Shop today, and I gave a tiny bit to the girls in their evening bath. Good move! Right, where are those knitting needles..?!

3 comments:

scarletprincess said...

Hey that wrap will look fantastic whenit is completed... i cannot believe you are willing to give it away!! Though it would make a beautiful gift. I have succumbed and made my own blog today so I hope you don't mind if I take a few tips from yours
Fi

littlelixie said...

Have hard good things about that company. Good to see what they are sending out as well. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph
I linked to Woolywood from reading about it on your blog and have ordered some yarn. The yarn I ordered stated to allow 10 days because they ordered it in (i.e. 10 days even for German customers). I'm impressed so far re: emails keeping me informed and now my yarn has been dispatched - I hope I get the freebie pattern book as well - fingers crossed!!!

Just read further down your blog that you went to Jane Crowfoots finishing techniques course - was this at the Rowan Holmfirth Mill in February??