"You" meaning "Blogland" and it's associated processes & people. Well quite a lot actually. I don't know where this train of thought came from, but I realised the other evening that Blogging Has Seriously Enhanced My Knitting. I guess that makes me a BEK - a Blog-Enhanced Knitter. Or something.
So what has it done? Well try this lot for starters:
- improved my techniques and skills (by inspiring me to go on Jane Crowfoot's Professional Finishing course and of course by seeing the fab projects that all you others knit-bloggers have done)
- removed some of my bad habits (e.g. joining yarn in the middle of a row)
- enhanced my toolset (e.g. Clover Chibi darning needles, bamboo straight needles, Addi Turbo circulars, beaded stitch markers, etc!)
- enhanced my yarn stash (by introducing me to online stores such as HipKnits)
- increased the number of knitting friends whom I "know" online
- improved my confidence in my knitting
- spend time finding the fit, styles, and colours that make me feel good in the garments I make
- increased my obsessive compulsion to spend every spare minute knitting!
- encouraged me to have a go at different projects (e.g. I'm now considering knitting up a pair of socks, and also have a ball of Rowan KSH & beads to knit some fine lacy project)
- made me want to knit what I wear and wear what I knit!
- encouraged me to join in (SP4, SP5, to comment on other knitting blogs & start hunting for a KAL that I fancy)
There's only 1 drawback: reduced amount of time for actually knitting (it's spent blogging & reading knitting blogs instead)! Still that's 11:1 which is pretty good going.
So, everyone, THANKS!! :-)